A ductless air conditioner in Toronto can be a perfect cooling solution for your home or office. They are also known as mini-split air conditioners and are considered more energy-efficient than traditional central air conditioning systems.
If your home doesn’t have an existing ductwork system, a ductless air conditioner is a great option. They are also suitable for additions, renovations, or home offices. A mini-split air conditioner is an excellent choice for cooling a single room or a small space. They are also quieter than traditional air conditioners and provide individual temperature control in each room.
How Does a Ductless AC Work?
A ductless air conditioner works by drawing warm air from your home and passing it over a refrigerant coil. This process cools the air and then passes it through copper tubes into the indoor unit. The indoor unit then distributes the cooled air throughout the room or space.
A mini-split AC system consists of an outdoor unit and an indoor unit.
The indoor unit is typically mounted on a wall and includes the fan, compressor, and coil. It also has a remote control, so you can easily adjust the temperature in your room.
The blower wheel on the indoor unit circulates the cooled air throughout the room. You can also set it to recirculate the air or exhaust it outdoors. The coils inside the system remove heat from the air, and the compressor compresses the refrigerant to create a cooling effect.
There are three cooling stages: cooling, dehumidification, and heating. You can also set the indoor unit to automatically adjust the fan speed and cooling power to match the temperature.
- Cooling stage: When you turn on the thermostat, the compressor starts, and the fan goes to high speed. The coil pulls heat out of the air, and the refrigerant turns from a gas to a liquid. The liquid is then sent to the outdoor unit, releasing the heat.
- Dehumidification stage: When the humidity in the room reaches the set point, the fan goes to low speed, and the coil starts to remove moisture from the air.
- Heating stage: When you turn on the thermostat, the compressor starts, and the fan goes to high speed. The coil pulls heat out of the air, and the refrigerant turns from a liquid to a gas. The gas is then sent to the outdoor unit, releasing the heat.
The outdoor unit is mounted on the outside of your home and contains the condenser and expansion valve. It also includes a copper tube that connects it to the indoor unit.
The condenser coil on the outdoor unit releases heat from the refrigerant. The expansion valve regulates the flow of refrigerant to the condenser coil.
Advantages of Using Ductless Air Conditioners in Toronto
It’s normal for homeowners to be confused when choosing between central or mini-split AC. With all of the different options on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? If you’re looking for an air conditioner that is energy-efficient and cost-effective, then a ductless air conditioner is a great option.
Here are some of the advantages of using ductless air conditioners in Toronto:
- Size: Ductless air conditioners are small and compact. They don’t require ductwork, so they’re perfect for homes that don’t have existing ductwork or for renovations and additions.
- Installation: Ductless air conditioners are easy to install. They can be mounted on walls or ceilings and come with the necessary hardware.
- Energy-efficiency: Ductless air conditioners are highly energy-efficient. They use less energy than central air conditioners and save you money on your energy bills.
- Cost-effectiveness: Ductless air conditioners are a cost-effective cooling solution. They’re less expensive to operate than central air conditioners and can save you money on your energy bills.
- Flexibility: Ductless air conditioners offer a great deal of flexibility. They can be used to cool multiple rooms or spaces, so you can choose which areas of your home are cooled.
- Comfort: Ductless air conditioners provide a comfortable and consistent temperature in your home. You can also control the temperature in each room to create a custom comfort zone for each space.
Ductless Air Conditioner Types
If you want to install a ductless AC, you’ll discover several options and models available, which can be a bit intimidating. The following is a breakdown of the three most common types of ductless ACs on the market.
Mini-split AC system
A mini-split AC system consists of an outdoor unit and one indoor unit. The mini-split AC system is ideal for cooling multiple rooms or spaces. The main advantage of a mini-split AC system is installing it in a home without existing ductwork.
Multi-split AC system
A multi-split AC system consists of an outdoor unit and multiple indoor units. The multi-split AC system is ideal for cooling multiple rooms or spaces. Also, you will have more control over your indoor environment since you can control each indoor unit independently. The multi-split AC system is ideal for cooling large spaces, such as homes, offices, or schools.
Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system
A VRF system consists of an outdoor unit and multiple indoor units. The VRF system is a more advanced ductless AC system that offers superior energy efficiency and comfort. The VRF system is ideal for cooling large areas like homes, schools, or office buildings.
Professional Service for Ductless AC Installation
If you’re considering a ductless air conditioner for your home, it’s crucial to have a professional installation. The installation process is different for each type of ductless AC system, so it’s essential to have it done by someone familiar with the process.
Ductless AC systems are a great way to improve the comfort of your home while saving money on your energy bills. If you’re ready to install a ductless AC system in your home, contact us today. Air Conditioning Repair Toronto will help you choose the right system for your needs and budget. We also provide professional HVAC services like air conditioner repair and maintenance.
Call us today at (437) 537-5579 to schedule a consultation.
Need Emergency Repair? We’re On Call 24 hours, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year, to React Promptly to Your Service Needs.
Call Us: (437) 537-5579
Why Choose Us
Reliable AC Service and More in Toronto, Ontario
To ensure that your air conditioner works optimally 24/7, we offer scheduled HVAC maintenance. A poorly operating air conditioner can hike energy costs, increase costly emergency repair bills, and create a larger carbon footprint on the environment.
In addition, routine service can reduce humidity levels, and extend the operation life of your system. To ensure that your AC system is operating at the highest efficiency, contact us today for a spring tune-up so that you can have peace-of-mind that your family is breathing safe, clean air.
What we offer
Benefits of choosing Air Conditioning Repair Toronto
12 year limited parts warranty on select products
Latest News and Inspirational
Please take advantage of our blog posts that answer your questions and help you learn about our products and services.